Meet Carly Foster:
Carly is a lingerie designer and leather painter from London, who is currently adventuring in Spain. She co-founded the brand “Lucky so-and-so” with her mum which is all about made-to-be-worn and designed-to-be-seen. A feisty mum of two wildlings whose life mission is to raise women up. Helping them recognise their power and self-worth and to serve as a constant reminder that all women are beautiful.
Fav quotes from this episode:
“You have to trust and you have to try because that’s what life’s about.”
“We wanted to show our children that there are other ways that you can live and still have a completely satisfying life without doing it how society tells you that you have to do it”
“It hasn’t all been sunshine and rainbows as we’d hoped - but when does life ever go to plan?”
“I was tired of having negative feelings about my body - because my body had done an amazing thing of growing this human and giving birth”
“I couldn’t find any nursing bras that weren’t beige and ugly!”
“I have fallen completely in love with designing and sewing lingerie because it’s not only an item of clothing that we wear daily, it can completely change your mood and help you to feel more positively about your body overall.”
“Forget about anyone else. Forget about the people who have told you that you can’t do it or that you’re not good at it”
In this episode we talk about:
- Breaking the mould: Finding the courage to break free of the 9-5 and live a life less ordinary.
- Rolling with the punches and learning to trust and be flexible when things don’t work out the way you’d planned.
- Deserving to feel fabulous in our bodies, whatever our shape, size or life stage.
- Challenging the notion that underwear can be beautiful OR comfortable. You can have both.
- How good underwear can change your life!
- Following your heart and passions, and seeing where they take you.
Plus, ….We talk about why entrepreneurship is the best form of personal development