Meet Cat Rose:
Cat helps creative introverts show their work and get the exposure they deserve. She does this through the League of Creative Introverts, an online community, as well as one-to-one services and her podcast, The Creative Introvert.
Her aim in life is to help all her clients do what they love and realise their dreams, whilst honouring their personality type and preferences.
She's currently researching the links between personality types and creativity and how we can use our self-knowledge become more confident and get our work seen, shared and sold.
Fav quotes from this episode:
“Adulting is this ever-evolving process of getting to know yourself.”
“Creatives feel like they have to do something that’s difficult for them in order for it to be worth anything.”
“Finding out I was an Introvert made me feel less of a freak.”
“Sometimes I do need to quiet down that thinking part of me and get in touch with my feelings.”
‘As an introvert that has limited energy in the day, I had to learn to just say no sometimes.”
“Working out my time in ‘energy blocks’ was really effective.”
“There’s not just one type of introvert, we all have different personalities within that.”
“I’m an adult but I go to bed at the same time as most three-year-olds do.”
In this episode we talk about:
- How self-awareness can help you become more confident.
- The revelation that the systems and structures that we are often expected to fit into (i.e jobs and school) absolutely do not work for some people - learning to create your own rules!
- Thinking and acting outside the norm and finding your place in the world.
- Personality tests - how to get started with them and the best ones to try.
- The pros and cons of bringing personality types into interpersonal relationships!
- The importance of boundaries, and a couple of approaches to setting them.
Plus, ….we set a little challenge for any technically minded people out there to create a new app!
Cat’s podcast: The Creative Introvert