Meet Lauren Polly...
Lauren Polly is a speaker, a coach and a multi-award-winning author of her book “The Other Side of Bi-Polar”. Her ‘thing’ is all about living beyond your label.
Find out more about her over at http://www.laurenpolly.com
Fav quotes from this episode:
“Really and truly the bigger picture is to build that trust in YOU.”
“You love the label because it gave you relief and at the same time you hate it because you’re in a box that you can’t get out of.”
“There’s so much of life to enjoy, but if you only ever put yourself in one box, you’re missing out.”
“Look normal and think wild!”
“If you’re with someone who’s disempowering you, don’t waste another appointment there.”
“We’re all weird and wonderful!”
“I am what I am and no matter what, I’m beautiful and I’m here.”
In this episode we talk about:
- How knowing and trusting yourself, and embracing your uniqueness is the single most important thing you can do for yourself
- Finding ways to navigate institutions, systems, and labels in a way that is helpful and empowering, and...
- ...Not falling into the ‘either/or’ trap when it comes to considering your options
- Learning to explore the elements of who you are beyond any labels or diagnosis’ you have had placed on you (or that you identify with)
- Stigma, community, and the importance of recognising that we are not alone
Plus we talk about recognising that life is messy and learning to look for peace within that messiness not in spite of it.