Meet Ari Krzyzek...
Co-founder & Chief Creative Officer of Chykalophia, Ari Krzyzek implements powerful branding strategies to provide distinctive designs for maximum impact via web, mobile and/or print. Additionally, she founded and hosts Creative Women’s Co., serving as a design consultant, mentor and professional peer in support of fellow female entrepreneurs.
Fav quotes from this episode:
“In Bali we typically live with our parents until we are married.”
“All of them are in the tourism industry, and I’m the only one pursuing my career as a designer.”
“I feel like I’m the black sheep of the family - in a good way!”
“I want to be independent and to make sure that I can lead on my own.”
“Being in a new country and a whole different culture was just so challenging.”
“We are working with boundaries and we don’t try to mix up everything together”
In this episode we talk about:
- What it means to grow up Balinese in terms of family, community, and the opportunities available to you
- The moment Ari realised that she was made for more and the huge effort she put into creating a new path for herself
- Dealing with the reactions of her community for doing something completely different than the status quo
- The challenges of migrating to a new place, in a new relationship, with a new business to run and feeling like a minority for the first time
- What it’s really like to run a business with your husband or significant other and some top tips for anyone who’s considering it
Plus, we talk about the importance of setting boundaries in place for any working relationship.