In this episode of 'Adulting With Ebonie'...
We find ourselves at episode 40 of the ‘Audulting With Ebonie’ Podcast and, I find myself reflecting back on those episodes with deep gratitude. It has been such privilege to chat to all my amazing guests and discuss what we think being a kickass kind adult in this world means. I’ve loved seeing the podcast in the ‘New and Noteworthy’ chart. I’ve loved connecting with you all by reading your reviews and messages that let me know that you’ve been loving it as much as I have. I’m fully committed to continuing the episodes and we have some amazing guests coming up.
I haven’t always felt this positive about the podcast. Way back at the beginning before I started, I was riddled with doubt and fear. Did I have enough time? Would people like it? Would the production value be high enough? Would anyone want to come on to talk to me? But I did it anyway, and that’s what this episode is all about. Learning to feel the fear and do it anyway.
Fav quotes from this episode:
“Part of the joy of being a spiritual being living a human life is that we get to co-create”
“You don’t have to commit to something for the rest of your life. All you need to do is to look at what you are willing to commit to in the direction of your dreams”
“Confidence in something only comes from being competent, but that takes time to develop, and you just have to jump in and get going”
“Instead of thinking about fear as an enemy, let’s think of her as a magical companion showing you where growth is”
In this episode I talk about:
- The fear I felt right at the beginning of ‘Adulting with Ebonie’ and how that has transformed into excitement as I’ve learnt to embrace fear wholeheartedly.
- My short-lived love affair with my very own motorbike, and how it’s ok to change your mind
- How to create something that feels as good on the inside as it looks from the outside
- Learning to take the first step
- The transformations that I’ve experienced since learning to lean in and connect with my mentors and peers rather than trying to do it all alone.
- The resources that I’ve created especially for people like you to help you find clarity in your relationships, businesses and passions
Plus, I’m so excited to announce the growth of the Misfit to Maven Way, as I begin to train others in the Misfit to Maven Way so that they can go on to help others become Mavens.