Meet Mark Asquith...
Mark is a wildly approachable Brit and Star Wars DC comic geek. He’s the founder of a globally successful design agency, two tech start-ups, the UK’s number one business podcast, and a personal brand that has created an audience of worldwide fans of his “no-bullshit” attitude.
He’s a regular speaker across the world at tech, business and media events and he spends all his speaking fees on hotdogs and beer products.
Fav quotes from this episode:
“There’s nothing wrong with putting yourself in the top three people that you look after.”
“What am I trying to tell people that I’m just blatantly ignoring myself?”
“The best sort of people you can have in your life are the people who tell you you’ve been a bit of a dick.”
“Friends either disappear or they galvanise.”
“I’m continually accumulating more knowledge and then getting rid of 80% of it.”
“I will always be working and I will never be working, at exactly the same time.”
In this episode we talk about:
- Learning to take your own advice
- The importance of staying self-aware and conscious of your own blind spots
- How your life doesn’t really start until your late teens when you begin to make your own choices
- The “Marketing Funnel” of friendship (!)
- The pros and cons of entrepreneurial life
- Aiming for work-life harmony rather than balance
Plus, we talk about how to manage and balance the important, integral and interesting sections of your life.