Meet Ben Clench
Ben is a Traumatic Brain Injury Advocate and an International Development Specialist. He’s also an inspiring speaker (I was introduced to Ben by his powerful Ted Talk – Follow the Patient) and author of the book ‘Ben Again’.
Fav quotes from this episode:
“I basically died. But survived – which is fascinating.”
“I’m not angry. It was an accident. An awful accident.”
“When you come so close to death…how can you not feel lucky to come through that?”
“It’s made me a persistent bastard”
“[The book] is a brutally honest description of how the fuck you get up after something as awful as what happened.”
In this episode we talk about:
- The traumatic brain injury that Ben experienced that almost killed him
- Starting over: having to learn to walk, talk and adult again
- How the people around him had to adjust to the changes in his personality as a result of the accident
- Exceeding the doctors’ expectations for his recovery and the many things he’s gone on to achieve since his accident
- Gratitude and appreciation for this precious life
Plus we talk about Ben’s book ‘Ben Again’ and what to expect from it.