Meet Tosha Schore
Tosha Schore is committed to creating a more peaceful world, one sweet boy at a time, by supporting parents to care for themselves, connect with their boys deeply, set limits lovingly, and play wildly! She brings a burst of energy and optimism to parenting, and is an expert at finding simple solutions to what feel like overwhelmingly complicated problems. Tosha is the co-author of Listen: Five Simple Tools to Meet Your Everyday Parenting Challenges, and parent coach at www.toshaschore.com
Fav quotes from this episode:
“Remember every parent [including you] is doing the best that they can do in every moment.”
“The leader of the family needs to be in good emotional health.”
“We can help kids grow into emotionally intelligent beings by offering them our loving attention when feelings bubble up for them as they move through the world.”
“As parents of young boys, we have an amazing opportunity to create a different world.”
“In order to create a more peaceful world…we have to have that space for our boys to heal from hurts as they happen to them otherwise they are just like pressure cookers.”
“It is never too late.”
In this episode we talk about:
- How raising our kids consciously has a direct impact on the state of the world.
- What to do if you are struggling with your child.
- The steps you can take to help your child grow into an emotionally intelligent adult.
- Why truly effective parenting starts with taking care of yourself and some suggestions of how to stay in “good parenting shape”.
- How raising boys is different to raising girls (and how it’s the same!)
- Is it ever “too late” for a disengaged/aggressive/distant child?
Plus, we talk about the need for parents to build a loving supportive community for themselves in order to escape the feelings of isolation that can often colour parenthood.
- Links to plenty of free resources and trainings: https://toshaschore.com/
- Tosha’s Youtube channel: http://bit.ly/2ThD82D
- Tosha’s book: “Listen: Five Simple Tools to Meet Your Everyday Parenting Challenges”
- “Out with Aggression” e-course. Find it HERE.